CAMELOT Management Consultants (hereinafter referred to as „Camelot“) takes the protection of your personal Data very seriously. We treat your personal data as confidential according to legal data protection requirements and the following privacy statement.
This privacy statement is effective 04.26.2018.
This page tells you everything you need to know about how Camelot protects your personal data and what your rights are in relation to your personal data.
If you have any questions concerning data privacy or you want to let us know about marketing permissions, you will be informed how to contact us.
Any changes we may make in the future in regard to our data privacy statement or the statements you see here will be posted on this page.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data is of information on the basis of which your identity can be established, such as your name, address, and telephone number. We collect personal data of our staff, candidates, suppliers, business contacts, partners and website users.
Our website can be used without providing your personal data. If personal data is collected on our website, the provision of your data usually is no obligation but can be provided voluntarily.
We always try to give individuals appropriate notice of what data will be collected and how it will be used. Whatever happens, we will only process that data if we consider it fair and lawful to do so.
What about sensitive personal data?
The term “sensitive personal data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by European and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent.
Do we share personal data with Camelot subsidiaries and outside parties?
We may transfer personal data to our international Camelot subsidiaries who may be located in other countries.
However, there will be other times when we need to grant access or disclose personal data with our contractual service providers and consultants (e.g. fairs, fora, webinars, breakfast sessions or further Camelot events).
Before we do so, we take steps to ensure that your personal data will be given adequate protection as required by relevant data protection laws.
What about data security?
As a global organization with global IT systems, personal data we collect may be routed, stored, or transferred internationally throughout the Camelot Group and contracted suppliers in accordance with our data privacy rules and data privacy laws.
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected. Regarding your use of our websites you should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
We want to point out that security issues may arise due to data transfer via internet (e.g. e-mail communication). Transferring data via internet, a consistent data protection against third parties may not be given.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partners, social media pages and Camelot affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
How long will your personal data be stored and which rights do you have regarding your stored data?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary, for the purpose defined, as long as you give your agreement to store your data or as further needed for us to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate.
Contact us to exercise any of your rights.
Camelot adheres to data protection rights passed by the European Economic Area (EEA), which refers to the following rights:
- falls die Verarbeitung der personenbezogenen Daten auf Ihrer Einwilligung basiert, haben Sie das Recht, diese Einwilligung jederzeit in Bezug auf eine zukünftige Verarbeitung zu widerrufen;
- If the processing of personal data is subject of your confirmation, you have the right to reject this confirmation in regard to further future processing at any time
- You have the right to request access and correction to your personal data, or demand deletion of your data
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data or reject further processing
- You have the right to receive your personal data in form of an electronic format – on request
- to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority
What information do we gather?
The primary purpose of Camelot’s website is to be a dynamic resource and business tool to help you learn more about us. Out websites are hosted by Camelot ITLab GmbH (Host). We want you to feel secure when visiting our website and are committed to maintaining your privacy when doing so.
Camelot collects information at its websites in two ways:
(1) Directly, when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter, download a study, register to attend a forum/event);
(2) Indirectly, e.g. through our website’s technology;
We may collect and process the following information:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Our website collects information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type to report on statistics. This information will be gathered in so-called “Cookies” (small text files, storing information about the user’s behavior in the internet browser to recognize the browser again).
If you would like to opt out of the advantages of these cookies, you can get information about how to adjust your browser to prevent these cookies, accept new cookies, or delete existing cookies in the ‘help’ function of your browser. There, you can also learn how to block all cookies or set up notifications for new cookies.
When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as “personal data.”
How do we use information that we collect from this site?
We use personal data to provide you with information you request, and for other purposes which we would describe to you at the point where it is collected or which will be obvious to you. For example:
- To fulfill your requests for study downloads or other content.
- To personalize your experience at our website
- To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this
- For surveys or research questionnaires (that will however not reveal the identity of a specific user’s behavior or reveal personal data)
Which website-tracking tools does Camelot use and how can a user restrict the tracking functionality?
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This website has activated the IP anonymization, Google will truncate the IP address in a Member States of the European Union or another state that is party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before transmission. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the United States. Therefore, we inform you that the data processing in the context of Google Analytics might happen outside the scope of EU law.
On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Data Policy Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?gl=EN&hl=en
Deactivation of Google Analytics Cookies:
We use products an services of WiredMinds AG (wiredminds.de) for marketing and optimization purposes. These products collect and process your personal data and use it to create usage profiles under a pseudonym.
These usage profiles are fully anonymized where possible and appropriate. We and WiredMinds employ cookies and/or Web beacons (also known as tracking pixels) on this Web site. We transfer the data we collect about you, which may also include personal data, to WiredMinds or WiredMinds gathers this data directly. WiredMinds is entitled to use information that you leave behind by visiting our Web sites to create anonymized usage profiles. The data collected shall not be used to personally identify visitors to this Web site without the express permission of the party affected and shall not be merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. Any IP addresses recorded are anonymized immediately by deleting the last number block.
Data Protection WiredMinds: https://www.wiredminds.de/en/data-protection/
Deactivate personal data collection / processing / storage of Wired Minds:
Data collection / processing / storage can be rejected by use of Opt-out funcionality of Website Tracking.
Which social media services are embedded on our website?
So-called social media services have been integrated into our website. These enable you to recommend products or news on our website to others. These are solely integrated on our website in the form of links to the respective social media service. After clicking on the integrated icon, you will be transferred to the respective provider, i.e. only then will user information be transmitted to the respective provider. Information about how your personal data is handled when using their websites can be found in the respective data protection declaration of the individual provider.
- Facebook Empfehlen-Funktion (“Like-Button”): Facebook Inc.1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, http://de-de.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Xing Share-Button: XING AG, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Deutschland, https://www.xing.com/app/share?op=data_protection
- LinkedIn Recommend Button: LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View,CA 94043, USA, https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Twitter: Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA, http://twitter.com/privacy
- Flipboard: Flipboard Inc., 735 Emerson Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301, https://about.flipboard.com/privacy/?noredirect=en_US
- Google +: Google LLC, Mountain View, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Pinterest: Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
How does Camelot use personal data for marketing purposes?
The bulk of the personal data we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with which we have an existing business relationship. We may also obtain contact information from public sources, including content made public at social media websites, to make an initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
For existing business relationships we make use of our mailing tool Inxmail. Our selected and systematic email-messages (e.g. in the context of mailings for events, fora, trade fairs, webinars or business breakfasts) contain cookies and similar technologies, providing information whether the email, which has been transmitted to selected recipients, has been opened.
If you click on a hyperlink which has been distributed in the course of an email mailing sent by Camelot, a cookie will track which homepage sites has been displayed by the user, which hyperlinks has been clicked and which content has been downloaded at our homepage.
Data Protection Policy of Inxmail GmbH, Wentingerstr. 17, 79106 Freiburg: https://www.inxmail.com/data-conditions
Targeted e-mails from Camelot may include additional data privacy information, as required by applicable laws.
Where do we save our personal data information?
Like all large companies, Camelot uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personal data belonging to individuals at our client and other companies with whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one. The personal data used for these purposes includes relevant business information, such as: contact data, publicly available, your responses to targeted e-mail (including web activity following links from our e-mails) and other business information included by Camelot professionals based on their personal interactions with you. If you wish to be excluded from our CRM databases, please contact us.
Which possibilities do you have in order to restrict or discontinue marketing communication?
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data, or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in e-mails we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you, or to have your personal data removed from our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases. Therefore, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that in such cases we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again.
To whom can you get in touch with regarding your questions related to data privacy / rights / complains?
Please get in touch with our data privacy office in case of
- General questions about how Camelot protects personal data privacy
- You wish to exercise your data privacy rights (e.g. to get a copy of personal data we hold about you);
- You would like to discontinue marketing communications to you;
- You would like to have personal data removed from our Customer Relationship Management (CRM)-databases
- You would like to inform us about your concerns in regard to Camelot’s use of personal data
- You wish to make a complaint about Camelot’s use of your data
- You would like to raise a general question regarding data protection to us