The organization of the supply chain becomes an increasingly important key factor for a company´s future success. Nevertheless, little has been written about how companies have set up their supply chain organizations and the rationale behind their design choices.
The study provides deep insight into how supply chain management in discrete manufacturing industries is structured. To this end, the supply chain organization models of the discrete manufacturing segments automotive suppliers, parts & components and machinery & equipment have been examined.
- How developed are supply chain strategies in the companies and how are they incorporated?
- How is SCM positioned and organized in discrete manufacturing industries?
- What processes is SCM responsible for?
- What role does the critical “human factor” play?
- How is a best-in-class supply chain organization achieved?