- Bi-annual survey among almost 100 executives from globally active pharmaceutical companies based in 16 countries and spread over four continents
- Despite a positive assessment of the current business climate and an increasing number of products in the pipeline, the global pharmaceutical industry is continuously cutting costs using contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs)
- By 2020, around one third of all European activities in API production, formulation and packaging will be outsourced – one third of surveyed companies plan to source more than half of their European sales volume from CMOs located outside of Europe
- Outsourcing decisions have professionalized: More than 70 percent of respondents’ companies have formalized and standardized processes for make-or-buy decisions
- CM Outsourcing is not considered beneficial for all products and areas: Experts see a clear decrease in effort for production and logistics, but an increase in administrative areas such as planning, legal or procurement
Request Free Download
Our studies provide carefully prepared, valuable insights, which we are happy to share with you free of charge. We just ask you for a short registration.
By entering my data, I hereby declare that I agree and permit CAMELOT Management Consultants AG to contact me about the topic "Camelot PHARMA Management Radar on Contract Manufacturing Outsourcing (CMO)"