Decision-makers need relevant information at the right time
CAMELOT supports you systematically in the development and implementation of adequate reporting concepts.
Our philosophy is based on the following principles:
- “Primacy of decision relevance” – the right assignment of actually relevant reporting contents to report recipients and decision makers
- The achievement of a high degree of automation – “Report utilization” instead of “report generation”
- Optimal integration of financial and functional as well as forward-looking and qualitative information (e.g. commenting)
- Standardization of reporting processes and clear definition of governance and responsibilities
- Sensible integration of elements such as Mobile Reporting and Dashboarding
A company’s internal reporting system is primarily tasked with providing control impulses and the best possible support for decision-makers on all levels and in all functional areas. In practice however, internal reporting does not always fulfil this task on a satisfactory note.
Typical deficits are:
- An excess of information within an excess number of reporting products, which obstruct the view to control-relevant information
- Outdated reporting products no longer convey the information relevant for steering
- Contradictory statements regarding identical facts, caused by the lack of a “Single Point of Truth” in the sense of clear data maintenance or by heterogeneous KPI definitions
- No utilization of comments and management recommendations within the scope of reporting control processes
- Low degrees of automation and complex processes lead to overly high effort in report generation – focus on generating instead of utilizing reports
Depending on the individual shape of a project initiative, we bring in our extensive industry- and functional-specific know-how.