CAMELOT presents a new consulting concept for an accelerated digital transformation of logistics
Mannheim, Berlin, 10/25/2017 – The consulting specialist CAMELOT Management Consultants will present its current consulting service for the digital transformation of logistics at the 34th International Supply Chain Conference starting today in Berlin: Digital Logistics EXPERIENCE². The focus will be on faster digital value generation (“digital ROI”) for innovative applications in logistics that can be individually experienced. The new service of CAMELOT will make it easier for companies to find the most suitable “value-adding” combination of applications from the multitude of digital apps available today, in order to enable them to push ahead more quickly with the digital transformations in logistics. The CAMELOT logistics experts will be available to convention visitors at the Potsdam II P/23 booth for technical discussions.
“In our logistics consulting projects, we currently see two trends: Digitalization has become the central topic in the logistics environment, which can be seen in the multitude of corresponding projects and initiatives. At the same time, we can observe that particularly when it comes to the business potential of new technology trends such as blockchain or artificial intelligence, there is still a great deal of uncertainty,” is how Andreas Gmür, Logistics Partner at CAMELOT Management Consultants, describes the status quo in logistics.
To offer customer-oriented services in the jungle of digital possibilities, CAMELOT has developed Digital Logistics EXPERIENCE2 as an approach that combines management consulting methods favoring innovation with a “digital workbench.” This refers to configurable software modules and templates based on new technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence, digital voice, IoT connectivity and cloud technology, with which companies can develop and validate specific, innovative logistics applications using these technologies within four weeks. Trade visitors can also find out about selected, innovative logistics applications, such as:
- Pharma logistics: The Hypertrust Network ensures complete and forgery-proof evidence of pharmaceutically relevant product quality using blockchain and Internet of things technologies.
- Transport management: With the Dock Schedule Optimizer and Driver App, companies can simply close gaps in the visibility and planning of transport delivery and discharge to customers.
In addition, the experts from CAMELOT will also provide exclusive insights into other current trends and best practices at the International Supply Chain Conference, such as:
- Pharma logistics: Challenges in the African continent for the care of patients with biotech products – new distribution networks and abilities of the cooperation partners are the key to success.
- The European chemical industry and its logistics 4.0 initiatives.
- Logistical infrastructure projects in the Middle East in the tension field between the planned Chinese renewal of the Silk Road and the future Arab investments for the post-oil era.