The path to leaner and more cost-efficient logistics
The field of logistics is experiencing revolutionary changes as information technology drives digitalization and innovation. Customer requirements have increased significantly, resulting in the demand for shorter lead times, higher product availability, and the provision of more reliable information. This is making it ever more complex to optimize end-to-end supply chains. The solutions that, in turn, result from this are often IT-driven and made possible by the development of new applications, platforms, and services. Nevertheless, the logistics setup of many companies does not fit these future market requirements and opportunities.
The term “Logistics 4.0” refers to the interconnectedness and integration of logistics processes, meaning that digitization will enable the transformation of business and operational processes with cyber-physical systems, higher connectivity and computational power. It is one answer to create end-to-end supply chain visibility and transparency. Digital integration of end-to-end value chains will be a top lever to improve efficiency and to remain competitive within the digital age.
CAMELOT offers a variety of services along the entire path to increase the degree of digital matureness in your logistics setup:
- Digital maturity assessment of current logistics setup based on CAMELOT’s three-phase model of digital transformation incl. benchmarking to peer group
- Identification and validation of improvement potentials, esp. regarding
– Management of interfaces to production, procurement, customer service, etc.
– Technology assessment and selection
– Usability of new physical/ virtual components
- Development and delivery of a detailed business case incl. a prioritized implementation plan
- IT evaluation and implementation support
(through our affiliate Camelot ITLab)