Shared service centers (SSC) provide global logistics management solutions like external LSP
Most companies today move away from a pure cost-control focus to a product & customer focus. Through the establishment of a multi-function SSC, major business processes are moved out of individual business units and concentrated into one single entity to achieve cost efficiencies while improving customer service and market responsiveness.
The SSC in logistics typically organizes, coordinates, and manages external logistics partners along the overall supply chain and provides consolidated logistics services to internal customers (e.g. business units) based on service level agreements. The key challenge of a SSC initiative in logistics is the identification of responsibility and accountability for processes & activities in collaboration with supply chain partners (e.g. logistics service providers and internal customers).
CAMELOT offers a variety of services along the following four dimensions:
- Conceptual design at corporate and business unit levels
- Definition of lean, flexible, and efficient organizational structures, capable to steer to-be setups as well as to develop necessary adaptions within project environments
- Creation of a logistics organization including service level agreements, process governance, cost allocation, and cost distribution
- Mapping of as-is processes and costs in the existing setup to select and develop future logistics processes eligible for a SSC
- Establish standardized and harmonized end-to-end process landscape that supports all organizational and operational requirements
- Definition of clear roles & responsibilities
- Dedicated change management support
- Evaluation of IT solutions
- Implementation of a reliable IT landscape synchronized with the process landscape
CAMELOT’s logistics experts enable a successful transformation by combining a strategic mindset with a systematic approach and an in-depth knowledge of industry processes. We see process-driven organizational design for SSC develop even further to cover more complex, non-repetitive tasks and apply these best practices to our concept and implementation projects.
Case study: Shared Service Center
CAMELOT was asked by a major chemical company to establish a shared service center as a global hub for external and internal Stakeholders.